just as cold in a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't remember off hand what kind my gloves are but the seals that go over the suit wrist seals are easy to remove; just pull the inner ring out and off they come. I leave the rings on and dive either dry or wet gloves or even no gloves depending on the water temp. Have to check the inner ring pretty regularly (I do before every dive) to make sure it isn't coming out on its own. I could not believe how much more comfortable I was when I made the switch, I was THRILLED with my purchase!
Ber :lilbunny:

J75:
Get yourself a 7mm hood that fits you well, and try keeping a little more air in your suit. You need to keep some air in the suit so that the undergarments can maintain an insulating layer of air to keep you warm. If all else fails, try the Bare Polartech wear, and as a last resort, try Argon.

I went for a 12mm hood and never regretted it for a second :)

I have heard from several people that dive dry that if you have proper underwear but wear a cotton shirt under the underwear that you will be cold. So try not to wear anything underneath your underwear and you might be warmer.

Scuba_18:
I have heard from several people that dive dry that if you have proper underwear but wear a cotton shirt under the underwear that you will be cold. So try not to wear anything underneath your underwear and you might be warmer.

Wool man, 100% WOOL! :)
A thin layer under anything else you wear will make you warmer. I use two thin layers under my 7 mil neoprene drysuit. For longer and deeper dives I may add a wool t-shirt over the two layers.

Two thin layers is better than one thicker.

_Oh, we're talking winter conditions here. Like with snow and ice and such...

I wear expedition weight polypro undies under mine and that works well for me.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom