Just arrived on Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great news, Cactus Cafe is back in town at Rancho Sobrino.

This is great news. Big fans of Trio Penotti n/k/a Cactus Cafe. Nice compliment and addition to our other favorites such as Sol Food

Awesome...Enjoy Sol Food (@Curacao Sunshine) plus now coconut fish & African peanut soup right next door to Marazul... Gets better and better...:)

Still the same people that ran Trio?
That's my understanding. Trio moved across the street to the park property a couple years ago and under new name. Same menu, great food and service.

That's my understanding. Trio moved across the street to the park property a couple years ago and under new name. Same menu, great food and service.
That's excellent! We ate several nights a week at the old location and of course Sol over the weekend.

For me a longish (13 hour) trip from the Left Coast. PDX --> SFO --> MIA -->CUR. Except for the last leg, the planes were completely full. On the MIA --> CUR leg, you could have shot a (TSA approved) cannon and not hit anything. I cashed airline miles for the trip, 55K round trip, first-class except for the MIA <--> CUR leg.

I'm here for 5 weeks of warmth and shore diving. I'm very fortunate I can work from anywhere in the world, and this seems the ideal place to be in what we all hope to be the trailing edge of the Covid pandemic.

Picking up my tanks tomorrow, decisions. . . decisions. . . where to go first It's an awful dilemma to have

Have fun, my 18 yr old son is heading there to do a DM program soon, and with covid testing and taking 2 days to get there- how did it work for you? since it takes 24 hours to get results back- we live in Aspen and have to pay $175 for PCR 24 hour results and $450 for a rapid PCR!!

was it 72 hours at time you check in, or land?

Have fun, my 18 yr old son is heading there to do a DM program soon, and with covid testing and taking 2 days to get there- how did it work for you? since it takes 24 hours to get results back- we live in Aspen and have to pay $175 for PCR 24 hour results and $450 for a rapid PCR!!

was it 72 hours at time you check in, or land?
Just for the record, Curacao specifically excludes the rapid-PCR test. It has to be the deep 'brain probe' swab.

There is some ambiguity about when the 72 hour clock starts. The website says departure, I assumed that mean when I left my home airport (PDX). My test was taken at ~7:00 AM on Thursday, I arrived at ~12:30 AM on Saturday, so I cannot verify my assumption.

We have been getting all are pcr covid swab tests through project baseline and administered at a nearby rite aid pharmacy. They are free and results have always come back within 3 days, usually 2, once in a day.

We have been getting all are pcr covid swab tests through project baseline and administered at a nearby rite aid pharmacy. They are free and results have always come back within 3 days, usually 2, once in a day.

on Curacao?

on Curacao?
There are three sites listed by the Curacao government:
While you are on-island, or in case you must return to a country where a negative test is required, COVID-19 testing is available at the following locations :

Back
Top Bottom