Just an idea--hurricane benefit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and I'll bet others have thought of this. Do ya'll think there would be interest in a charitable dive event benefitting the Hurricane Ike victims, perhaps at CSSP or some other location? I'm thinking Swampers might bring items for a meal (hot dogs, hamburgers, etc...) but charge for the complete meal itself, as well as soft drinks. A treasure hunt could be organized (though I have little idea how to drum up prizes...almost no LDS in my neck of the woods) even if it's a "white elephant" hunt (every participating diver brings an item he wants to dispose of...er, PART with), though an entry fee is required to participate, say five or ten bucks so it doesn't get outrageously expensive. In short, we try to find ways to drum up funds for a KNOWN charity that does work in the hurricane zone and still have some fun diving at the same time.
Any thoughts or interest? If so, speak up now...time is pretty critical.

I don't live in the area, but I think it's a great idea.. It doesn't have to be local LDS's only, a lot of online places may participate, plus just other businesses..

Back
Top Bottom