Just add water? Right.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I saw that -but my issue is not downloading from the dive computer but installation of the software.

Thanks for looking though :D

Hi AquaPixie:

Have you tried running the Mares software in compatibility mode with XP or have you looked into an XP emulator? They usually run slower than a native environment but it may help your situation.

C.

1) Yeah I saw that -but my issue is not downloading from the dive computer but installation of the software.

Thanks for looking though :D
2) Another down point on the computer is that you CAN NOT get the download software to install I.R.I.S 2.3 software on VISTA so that you can move your dives OFF the Dive computer on to your PC/laptop.

Mare's Customer service response - Sorry not compatible with MS VISTA - Seems to me that since most computers (PC) now ARE VISTA and not to many XP's left that they would update their interface driver....

You have me lost those are direction on installation of the software and you have not mentioned what your error is in the installation. Also earlier you said they have no download software.

Some users receive an error downloading from Dive Computer on Windows Vista.

This issue is related to a not correct behaviour by the serial port driver.

Both IRIS 2.x and DRAK 1.x releases are affected by this error on Windows Vista.

You have two options to resolve this issue:

1) Disabling the Windows Vista UAC control.
You could be find informations about UAC from here:

Sorry, this content has moved.

You can disable UAC in various manner. We suggest this:

a) Launch MSCONFIG by from the Run menu.
b) Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down till you find "Disable UAC"
Click on that line.
c) Press the Launch button.
d) A CMD window will open. When the command is done, you can close the window.
e) Close MSCONFIG. You need to reboot the computer for changes to apply.

Note that you can re-enable UAC by selecting the "Enable UAC" line and then clicking on the Launch button.

2) Downloading this program:

VISA Remover

Execute with VISA entry selection. This will remove all VISA entries in your PC.

Then download the latest VISA RunTime Driver from the vendor site at the following address:

http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/visa/VISA Run-Time Engine/4.2/win32/visa420runtime.exe

Install the new driver (full installation) and reboot the computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom