Just a short hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi! I am new to this site and just wanted to touch bases with others in the group. I have been diving for about a year and having a great time when I can find buddies to go diving with me. Unfortunately the water remains cool to cold for most of the year here and not everyone is as enthusiastic as I am. Any suggestions?

Hi Judy, welcome to the board! (omg...I actually beat everyone to it?? hehe)

Where are you diving (or not diving, as the case may be!) If you were certified nearby, you may check the diveshop and see if that have dive trips scheduled anywhere. And, you may very well find someone close by on this board! I never knew people dove in places like Oklahoma and Arkansas until I started reading here!

Anyway, make yourself at home here. And, if you ever make it out to Guam, look me up!

Hello Judy, welcome to our family here at Scubasource We're glad to have you aboard!

So, it's kinda chilly where you are heh... have you considered drysuit diving? There's a huge variety of suits that you can choose from. You can spend anywhere from $400 to $2400 for a drysuit that'll keep you warm and toasty regardless of the water temperature. Let us know, we'd be happy to steer you in the right direction.

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Judy,

Welcome to the board from Melbourne, FL. I am what you would call a Warm Water Wimp, I just came from a week long dive trip to Pompano Beach FL. and the water temps were from 82 to 85 deg F. Just my kind of diving. :)

Hi Judy

Welcome to the family, What parts do you hail from? I'm here in sunny Arizona all beach no ocean.

Mario,
Could you steer me to a $400 drysuit? I am thinking of going dry but have not seen anything that cheep.
Welcome aboard Judy.
Mike

Welcome Judy,

I think you will enjoy this board. Lots of useful information and honest opinions...and some of these folks are a real hoot!!... You should fill out your profile so we all know where "here" is. Anyhows, welcome aboard.

p.s.

Oh, and Scubabunny, I didn't realize you were in Guam. I was just reading an article on the diving in Micronesia..Lucky you!!...

I feel your pain Judy. Being new to diving myself I am learning myself how to meet divers. I am probably going to join one of the local dive clubs, maybe that would work for you also.

And like someone else said, you may be able to find some buddies right here on this board.

Good luck,

welcome to the boards,
Cheers Big Ears,
From the Thunder from Down Under,
There can be only one,
The Gasman

Mike,
If you're looking for an entry level drysuit, you can find them for as little as $300 on last years or last models blowout's. I see Neoprene drysuits from Bare, Oneill and Bodyglove on the internet quite frequently for around the $300-400 mark. Just do a search for them, and you're bound to find plenty.

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom