Jupiter Trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
WoW! How did I stay out of the water for Six Months!?! I let my work get in the way of my diving, I'll not do that again!
Jupiter Sat 05/29/04 1330, The visibility was amazing, you could see the bottom at 80' from the surface. The temp was 77* at depth, the seas where almost flat, and the current light. I dove with the local shop Scuba Works on the Temptation (that's the one with the huge shark grin painted on it.) and there was room on the boat for more. The Dive leader was a young perky Canadien who did a great job of getting us to the good stuff despite her being from the land of permafrost and parkas.
We saw many turtles. One turtle interacted with a diver as close as two feet from his mask.. I was wondering if the diver was going to lose a nose there for awhile. Another turtle was resting on the tips of his fins getting cleaned by several fish.
There where many baracuda swimiming around us watching us, watch them. Then at the end of the second dive with just three of us left (Where Nitrox, controlled breathing, and jogging payoff) there was a black tip shark that was first just a shadow, then it circled and came in closer to get a better look. It was a AWESOME rareity, then it swam off into the shadows.
The dives where great and I highly recommend Jupiter as a dive spot. The dives are in the 80' to 90' range but the reefs are great and the ledges are 10' ~ 17' tall and the reef is full of life.

Eric

Mother Nature was definetly on our side this weekend.... Jupiter is absolutely amazing, and it sounds like you had a blast. What were the names of your dive spots?

Juipter is a great dive site, some of the most beautiful reefs I've ever seen. I dive there on a weekly basis. Paul, the owner of Temptation, knows some great sites. John, the Adventure Scuba, has a faster boat and a fabulous crew, however, they don't visit as many different sites. There are also some great wreak dives out of West Palm, the inlet is larger and deeper so they run when Juipter Inlet is too rough. Another great dive, Paul knows where to go, is in the winter, the Lemmon Sharks gather there it's really awsome!

WOW look other ST Lucie county divers! Greetings! I am trying to get more diving in. The last dive I did I could not find a buddy and dove as a "tag along" with the DM. Yeah I know, That makes it sort like a "solo" dive but on those boat dives it is more like a cattle drive than a scuba dive. The DM was not oppossed to having me as a buddy and I tipped well. The surprise to me was that mostly my wife is my dive buddy and due to our relationship we have come to point stuff out and both use SCUBA signs (ASL) . I missed being able to share the experience with my wife. I pointed to a turtle resting on the bottom and gave the turtle sign the DM looked around gave me a puzzled look then saw the turtle. Luckily when I saw the shark everyone knew the shark sign. I hope to join the SO Dive team in the very near future as they are always diving together and also have the usual work scheldule that I have.
I will post possible dive days in the future hopefully we can all go.
We Dove Spade Fish Point and The Tunnels.

A LDS here in Tampa is planning a trip to Jupiter later this month. You guys are making it more and more tempting to drop the 176 for the trip.

Paul

I'm doing Jupiter this Sunday (6/27) with the LDS (Northwest Divers).
Hope it's as incredible as you guys describe.

wstein:
A LDS here in Tampa is planning a trip to Jupiter later this month. You guys are making it more and more tempting to drop the 176 for the trip.

Paul
$176? Two Three Tank Dives and a Hotel?

Hi Orlando. I'm spending some time here in Fort Pierce too, and dive mostly weekends in Jupiter/West Palm aswell. I've doven twice in Fort Pierce, and its the best spearfishing divespot ever, but you have to get lucky to get more than 30-40 feet vis. If you ever need a dive buddy, let me know - only thing is I spearfish.

wooohooo, more st. lucie peeps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom