Jupiter dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmokeAire

Contributor
Reaction score
Great conditions both days.
Viz:70+ feet. H2O temp:80+ Seas flat.
Lots of sea life. Reef sharks, turtles, schooling fish, sting rays and ..well you name it it was there.
Sat. we dove with Jupiter Dive Center. Nice boat. Very roomy. There were twenty divers but never felt crowded at all. Great crew but you do have to schlep(sp) your own gear on and off. Not an issue for me but could be for the more pampered expecting. Oh and "real" diver air fills.
Sun. with Blue Tang. Very helpful crew. They schlepped(sp,again) your gear on and off and even brought the stuff to your car. The boat..well....can you say tuna can? But fast. There were only 11 divers but felt like a thousand. Very little room. However the crew makes up for it. On one dive we came across a turtle dormatory. 6 huge turtles sleeping next to each other. Actually you couldn't turn your head without seeing turtles or sharks.
I want to thank both dive masters from JDC & Blue Tang for a great time. And our wonderful server at the Crab House during our apre' dive interval.

Chuck-I'm so sorry I couldn't catch up with you on Sunday--was testing most of the morning, and didn't have a cell # to give you a call....so I apologize for "standing" you up...though I imagine lunch was just fine w/o! Glad you had a good time; we'll eventually catch up!

I'm going this Sunday. Hope it's nearly as good as yours was.
Btw, what are "real diver air fills"?

That's what I call it when a dive shop will fill your tanks to whatever pressure you want, within reason of course.

Thanks.
I've got a few more. I've have to resize them then I'll post. It was the first time that I used my new digital camera underwater so I don't have te focus down pat plus I don't have strobe for it yet.

Chuck

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom