Jupiter 03-18-06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am diving Jupiter the 18th and possibly the 19th.

This is some of the last diving of lobster season and I'll even work as a "bug dog on point" as I am lobstered out for the year and just want to fly in the deep blue.

The temperatures are on the rise with yesterday being 74 degrees at depth! This weekend is predicted to be low swells and summer like sunshine!

I am always hoping to meet more ScubaBoardians (even those MOF'ers).

This is a good time to dust off that gear all you WWW - - well at 74 . maybe not just yet.. BUT SUMMER IS UH COMING!!
:D :14:​

WELL I was Right Again! Great diving weather. The seas were calm, the water blue and the diving great.

First drop was spade fish point. Many Spadefish of course. During this time of year it should be called Snook Fish Point. There were Huge schools of snook. People here in St Lucie county chase the snook around like redheaded nurses! I thought it funny that a school of 20~30 where within grabbing distance and people here with $15,000.00 in electronics can not find them.

Second drop: The Tunnels
Turtles by the schools. The Usual HUGE grouper that have made this spot home. Many Very bold barracuda coming nose to nose and doing an expert game of chicken. A small spotted eel and I had a moment. Sadly, I did not see any of the impressive Green Moray's that I often see in Jupiter. I love to hang out and watch those guys. Some fellows were doing a rather poor job of free hand catching lobster and I found a nice sized leg on the reef. I took the leg and broke it up to feed one of my favorites the Bi-Colored damsel, their bravery is to be envied.

I learned that no matter how many hours you have in the water and how many times you have done it. NEVER try a NEW reel from Depth! I had a Jamican "We be Jamming" moment. I let it go and thought.. well that is a $100.00 reel and $50.00 DSMB that Neptune inherited. I luckily came up to about 35' and saw it floating above me. I watched it through my safety stop and then untangled it and stowed it.

I humbly could use some expert reel advice. Funny the Thumb Spool NEVER jammed on me in all these years.

I am eagerly awaiting my next trip to Jupiter..... IF I could Only get my buddy healed up and get my silly swim test completed I might be able to dive for FREE!! that is one of my favorite words.. FREE FREE FREE.. right up there with Fit Redhead.. I guess that is two words....

See you next dive adventure..

I'll be the one in the front of the boat referred to as the "Loud mouth with the Crew Cut."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom