Junior OW Referral

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZzzKing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
So, my dear, darling daughter (11 YO) complete her pool work on Sunday. It has been over 8 years since she first accompanied me on a Texas Swamp Divers camp out and snorkel led for the first time so I've had a looooooooooong wait for this.

We are looking to head to Ambergris Caye for her to complete her JOW certification. My wife and I got our AOW at Ecologic about 9 years ago so they are the only ones we have experience with but it doesn't look like much (any?) of the staff is still the same. So, my question is, What operators on the island specifically address junior divers?

Although I prefer to hear from patrons and their experiences relating to this, if you are an operator and have something to add, please do so. Thanks for the input!

Rudy, the owner of Island Divers did my daughter's check outs when she was 11. He has a bunch of his own kids who he has taught to dive and she had a great experience. I opted not to observe her check out dives since I thought I might be a distraction. She is 12 now and a total scuba junkie.

Back
Top Bottom