In at Finns?

• So there...

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • So not...

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NadMat

DIMWIT Swamper ;)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Mack Diver:
Another great time was held by all. I counted 9 folks in attendance. We were hoping for a new record, but some regulars did not make it. Newbies Pete and Mitch joined us. The food ranked right up there with Oasis. NadMat brought his trusty camera and not only kept it in the case but left it on the table. Maybe we'll get some shots at the June SASS which will be held at Johnny Finns. It will be a good chance to eat and drink outside before it gets too hot. Mark your calendars for Saturday June 9, 7:30 at Johnny Finns. Finns is located on Lake Travis at the Hurst Harbor Marina.

Mack pretty well covered it. Figured I'd make it its own thread and poll

Look forward to seeing everyone again. Maybe we can get a group shot this time :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Count me out. These things are always when I have a previous engagement. I am coming back from CocoView Resort that day and will probably be too tired. Have fun.

Sorry you will miss out again AD, maybe july? We have been south or fairly central for most of these, perhaps will shoot for a north location for july SSASS and make it a bit closer for you and some of other northside folks.

I am hoping to show up in boat after doing some diving, but we'll see. If I do get my friend to commit his boat I may be looking for a dive buddy for day if he doesn't feel like diving. I think a nice june boat dive followed by dinner and drinks at finns with some fellow swampers would be just about a perfect day :D

Also, my boy Rocket will home by then and may be attending his first SSASS :wink:

Rocket

5_week_ted_honey_pups_011.jpg

No happy hour for me in June. I'll still be cruising in the Caribbean. But I'll be eager for July's happy hour!

Cute puppy, Matt!

Lisa, those were some gorgeous shots, I look forward to hearing all about your trip. Was that a scorpionfish they were examining on deck?

Sorry you will not be there Donna, but gotta say diving the Caribbean is the better choice, I guess I will hear about your trip at July SSASS.

Mack, I could only wish to be that cute and adorable and have all the honey's wanting to hold and stroke me :wink:
:D :D :D

Matt, it was actually a lionfish (is in the scorpion fish family). I went on an expedition with REEF to document where lionfish are in the Bahamas, reproductive biology (yes we did kill all that we found). They are an invasive species in the Caribbean, native to the South Pacific. It's suspected that people with aquariums dumped their lionfish in the Atlantic sometime in the 90s and they began reproducing, they have been found as far north as the Cape Hatteras and as far south as the Bahamas...so far none have been reported in the Keys. At any rate, that are a voracious predator and so far no natural predator is known. They can out compete other native reef species for food causing those species to move to another area or die out....invasive species can be very harmful to reefs. We found that they have really taken off and I would have to say at this point there is no way to control them.

OK, enough of the biology....I will have to tell you about it at HH.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom