June in Cozumel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We just booked for our summer trip.
One week Allegro- Cheap, lots O diving!

I am hoping to explore further from shore this time.
Need to start jogging again for cardio.
Last time we saw incredible sites right off the beach.

P7110193%20II.jpg

Anyone wants to join in send me a PM and the Heather will set you up.

I ordered a backplate for my BC; that takes out a lot of the bulk of my setup for travel. Thank you Debra!
Plus, I am working on a U/W camera set up; 7meg digital camera and case.
Overhaul the regulators and we are good to go.

Regards, andrew

You're crazy if you don't take the ferry over to the mainland and do some cave dives (or at least a guided cenote dive if you don't want to mess with all the extra gear). They will blow you away.

Real easy to setup and I think the guide will meet your ferry.

Andrew... never 'cheap'...just inexpensive or less expensive--:D Sounds like a good time waiting to happen.

Andrew,

Wish I was going with you guys. Sounds like a blast. I agree with loosebits from what I've heard/seen of the caves near Playa - they sound awe-inspiring.

Have fun!

Was at the Allegro last June. I could have done without waiting 10 minutes for a cerveza at Allegro. Cenotes are killer.... definitely a must do. That's me in one in the pic by my name to the left :D. Gin clear water! But if you're into seeing stuff, moving animals, you might want to reconsider. My wife thought it was a waste since there were no pretty fishies. I can see her point but it's definitely worth checking out.

Well, Andrew is a cave diver so I know he loves the stuff he just never gets a chance to do it.

If you do only one cave, I'd recommend NaHoch.. take the first jump to the left (and then I think another jump to the left, can't remember), there's some very decorative formations back there, a little low though, need to pussy foot.

Edit: Checked my log book, 1st jump sucked, the 2nd jump was nice.

Sorry for the late follow up gentleman.

I am considering meeting up with the guys at Protech if I feel like taking the fairy over to the other side. Go by and see Mike and Mathis.
They are a cave centric group with gas, o2, and lots of rebreathers- hummm, my mind bend towards the technical. :D

Rand- It is on the list of interests.

Alan- Yep, it is an expense all diving is an expense and I plan on enjoying it.
Hydro- Thanks for commenting mate.

Regards,andrew

Thanks mate.
We were there in July and agree that it is not perfect but an excellent buy for the money.

Off the beach we labeled one of the rocks- Octopus Island.
It had the shell of a blue crab all down the front of the rock- clear give away on the Octopus- since they are sloppy eaters. There was lots of fish, crab, soft coral, mantis shrimp, eagle rays, and we were just in heaven. We were in the water for about 2 hours at a time. Hence me buying a digital camera! Then again I am just an old diver used to murky lakes. Clear water can be over powering... :D

As Rand was nice enough to say I am Cavern and Intro-to-Cave certified through NSS-CDS. It would make a nice change to see some shallow site for a change most in Florida are deeper. Wonder if they care I sidemount – hehehe.

Andrew

driftin' by:
Was at the Allegro last June. I could have done without waiting 10 minutes for a cerveza at Allegro. Cenotes are killer.... definitely a must do. That's me in one in the pic by my name to the left :D. Gin clear water! But if you're into seeing stuff, moving animals, you might want to reconsider. My wife thought it was a waste since there were no pretty fishies. I can see her point but it's definitely worth checking out.

driftin' by:
Gin clear water!

As my dive buddy says-- "Great Visibility is Over Rated
When you see where you are going the road comes to an end."
Timeliner ~ Paris, Texas

That Windex stuff just makes you feel sorta cheap! :crafty: :eyebrow: :D

Back
Top Bottom