June 25 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
parrot.jpg

reef.jpg

angel.jpg

frogs.jpg

popcorn.jpg

nudi.jpg

lizards.jpg

clowns2.jpg

clowns1.jpg

wrasse.jpg

Love the anemone shots!!

Fantastic set. I don't think I've seen a Parrot in that color pattern before. The shrimp shot is wonderful, and the anemone with all the shrimp and clowns is spectacular. As it doesn't look look like we'll be making it to PG and Subic Bay this year after all, I'll have to keep getting my tropical fix through your shots.
Forgot about the Lizardfish. Love the Lizards, too.

Beautiful pictures. Very productive dive.

Thanks for sharing so many photos! :)

Love the anemone/clownfish/shrimp shots. How close are you to the subject on these shots?

Love the anemone/clownfish/shrimp shots. How close are you to the subject on these shots?

Shot #5 (shrimp) about 12 inches away and using some zoom then some cropping in PS.

Shot #8 about 12 inches away and using some zoom then some cropping in PS.

Shot #9 about 3 feet or less away to get the entire anemone in the shot then some cropping in PS.

I must admit I am not a regular user of RAW but all these photos were shot in RAW. There are articles arguing RAW vs JPEG with point and shoot cameras favoring one or the other depending on the author.

I found the biggest advantage for me using RAW is the ability to control the white balance after the fact whether using the Canon Software (Digital Photo Professional) or CS4 with the Canon RAW plugin. Using the eyedropper tool in the White Balance function gives me better control over all the colors in the photo. I prefer the Canon software then I complete the cropping etc. in PS. More work and bigger files to save but I am retired and have plenty of time :D. It seems to be worth it.

I may become a RAW convert but I will remain a cropping addict :D.

Thanks for the info. They're great photos.
I read about the RAW vs. JPEG arguments. I may try RAW sometime - after I learn the basics of JPEG.

The photo of the juvenile bi-colour parrotfish is wonderful!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom