Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

explorer1565

Registered
Reaction score
Hi fellow divers -

I'm planning a June 2018 dive trip to Australia, looking for 3-6 day liveaboard trips. I came across the OceanQuest 4-day/4-night Minke Whale trip. It looks great, covering the outer barrier and ribbons, but interested to hear from anyone who has actually gone on it - how is it?. Alternatively, what else would people recommend? I've already read about SOF and Spoilsport, but this Minke Whale on OceanQuest seems more interesting.

Really appreciate any insights.

Ocean Quest takes time out once a week throughout June and July to travel north to try and see Minkes during their migration.

its a great budget alternative to Mike Ball or Spirit who travel much further north to the Cod Hole and are far more luxurious.

whilst MB and SOF trips are soley covering Ribbon Reef areas OQ is lower Ribbon Reef and Outer Reef. So it has an increased chance of seeing whales (and usually does) but less so than the other 2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom