June 2013 - Back to the Summer Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Therefore I'll be highly critical of Secrets, especially noting any area where they fall short of the Palace (no hot tub!) (no liquor dispenser!), but I truly hope they're both wonderful experiences, equal but different.

You want a hot tub? In June?

You want a hot tub? In June?
What cvchief said.

Besides, the hot tubs at Cozumel Palace are inside the nicely air-conditioned rooms. In addition to the libertine aspects, they're great for rinsing camera housing and dive gear.

What cvchief said.

Besides, the hot tubs at Cozumel Palace are inside the nicely air-conditioned rooms. In addition to the libertine aspects, they're great for rinsing camera housing and dive gear.

I gotta try that: Hey, babe! Wanna rinse my camera housing?

Just make sure the camera is turned off, or you might end up with some u/w photos of unidentifiable creatures like the hairy urchin or the one-eyed eel.

June 29th - July 10th with my 2 kids. Our first trip to Cozumel

Staying at the Allegro and most likely diving with Dive with Martin

I want to take my kids on the whale shark snorkelling trip. Anyone has any tips on doing this trip? How to book and who to book with, thanks

June 29th - July 10th with my 2 kids. Our first trip to Cozumel

Staying at the Allegro and most likely diving with Dive with Martin

I want to take my kids on the whale shark snorkelling trip. Anyone has any tips on doing this trip? How to book and who to book with, thanks
AFAIK, the whale sharks are out of Holbox which is probably quite a trek from Cozumel, but I've never done it personally. If no one answers here, you might want to start a new thread or do a search. At the least, your DM should be able to find nurse sharks. Not as big as the whales, but at least they look like real sharks and that should make the kids happy :)

Welcome to Cozumel!

June 2013 "Back" Roll:

atatt & dtatt (+ 3 kids), June 11-22, Cozumel Palace, Scuba Mau
Mossman, June 14-22, Secrets/Palace, Living Underwater?
Rhodesaz, mid-June, Occidental Grand, [pending]
VicScubaVentures, June 29-July 6, Scuba Club, Scuba Club
ilympt +2, June 29-July 10, Allegro, Dive with Martin

Now that is multitasking. Only a diver(s)... :D

Hope you folks have a wonderful time. We have been diving Coz in June the past 3 years. Gonna try Bonaire this summer for a change, but will miss our home away from home. Last June, 3rd week in, visability in Coz was down quite a bit. Had been stormy, and our DM said that had a lot to do with it. In fact, surface was rough that whole week, and the travel down to the southern sites, including the Columbia set, was limited to the point we did not make it. Still great diving Coz though, no matter where you end up.

AFAIK, the whale sharks are out of Holbox which is probably quite a trek from Cozumel, but I've never done it personally. If no one answers here, you might want to start a new thread or do a search. At the least, your DM should be able to find nurse sharks. Not as big as the whales, but at least they look like real sharks and that should make the kids happy :)

I have never heard of Holbox, only Isla Mujeres. I understand they are supposedly regulated by the Mexican government in terms of price and water time. Guess I need to do more research.

My son (13) has almost 70 dives in the Bahamas and Belize and had seen many nurse/reef sharks already. My daughter (11) is brand new diver so she will be excited to see anything (she loves seahorse, is there any in Cozumel?). I have over 1000 dives (just over 300 ocean dives) in the past 20 years and I haven't seen a whale shark yet so that is sort of like a dream of mine to see one myself.

I understand they are closer to Cancun so I need to take a taxi from the hotel to the ferry/airport and get to Cancun and from there, get on a boat somehow (so it's a full day event). My question is is there any dive op/tour operator in Cozumel that sells a package that do all the arrangement for me or do I need to book the trip with some whale shark op out of Cancun and do all the travel arrangement myself and try to hook up with the Cancun op when I get there? Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom