June 20 Scubawest Oceanic & Hollis Demo Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trogloxene

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Scubawest is having a Oceanic & Hollis Demo day this Saturday.

Scuba West > Home

I will be there for some diving if I can find someone to dive with ahead of time - Let me know if you want to go diving at Hudson Grotto Saturday

Sean

Last edited:
I can't. I have dives scheduled that day already. I will say this.... I just outfitted myself with Hollis Gear. Backplate and 55lb. wing. They kick major a$$. The equipment is very nice. I have no complaints.

I can't. I have dives scheduled that day already. I will say this.... I just outfitted myself with Hollis Gear. Backplate and 55lb. wing. They kick major a$$. The equipment is very nice. I have no complaints.

A 55lb wing?? You must be diving with doubles now. Did you finish your cavern class yet?

Sean

Thats what is scheduled. I am doing an open water class in the morning at Weeki Wachee and then going up to Ginnie in the afternoon to finish. Yes I'm diving doubles. Steel 112's. They suck on land but they rock down where its wet. I was going with a 37lb. wing but when I did the math and got some advice from some other darkside divers I realized that while a 37 could handle the doubles if I started adding stage bottles it might be too much for it. Since I only want to have to buy tech gear once I figured I should go big. I know this..... if you go to a backplate and wing you won't go back. Your freedom of movement is great and it feels like your not wearing a BC of any kind. I was diving a back inflate before and I had no problems with it but this is a night and day difference.

I know this..... if you go to a backplate and wing you won't go back. Your freedom of movement is great and it feels like your not wearing a BC of any kind.

I'll second that. I use BP/wings for both doubles and single cylinders.

The very first time I dived my Eclipse, it was the best bouyancy control and trim I had ever had. End of story. :palmtree: Bob

Thats what is scheduled. I am doing an open water class in the morning at Weeki Wachee and then going up to Ginnie in the afternoon to finish. Yes I'm diving doubles. Steel 112's. They suck on land but they rock down where its wet. I was going with a 37lb. wing but when I did the math and got some advice from some other darkside divers I realized that while a 37 could handle the doubles if I started adding stage bottles it might be too much for it. Since I only want to have to buy tech gear once I figured I should go big. I know this..... if you go to a backplate and wing you won't go back. Your freedom of movement is great and it feels like your not wearing a BC of any kind. I was diving a back inflate before and I had no problems with it but this is a night and day difference.

Do you dive dry? That will probably be my next major $$ purchase

The very first time I dived my Eclipse, it was the best bouyancy control and trim I had ever had. End of story. :palmtree: Bob

Me too! :D

Sean

No not yet. .I am looking into it though. Its a lot of money to spend and I'm not sure I want to. Everyone sings the praises of diving dry but I got into diving to get wet so I'm not quite sure yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom