June 10-20th - 2008 / Samui/Koh Tao/Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aah good, now iv stirred up some action.

Also dont get me wrong guys.. Im all for using the SEARCH function. Its a man's best friend (ok 2nd best :wink: )

Iv already read some of the debates on the definition of monsoons, wind etc :p

Having lived in India for a while I know what a severe monsoon does. Iv also been in LOS during June but only to BKK / Phuket.

Purpose of this thread was to get friendly and reach to some folks who are already operating out of this area...

@BM, thanks for the tip. I do use soft lenses and will carry an extra pair I guess. Im not so sure about the mask as Iv been looking at having the laser corrective procedure done by the end of the year.

Purpose of this thread was to get friendly and reach to some folks who are already operating out of this area...

Don't hesitate to post any questions you may have regarding your trip to Thailand. More than happy to give a few hints and tips that may help you getting ready for your holiday (even if you decide not to come to Phuket!).
:D

Thank BM & BF... fact remains that the past is the past. If there was a way I could fix the weather with the man in charge I'd ensure all of you got great diving days at all locations :)

Ringo, definitely some are better than others. What do you mean by what you prefer?

The way I look at it I will bring basic snorkeling gear if I still have it lying around...

Also I hear there's places with a package(including accomo) that do a 4-5 day course. Not sure I have that kind of a budget yet but would love to get into it.

Koh Tao seems good because its secluded and laid back too. I dont mind some solitary time!!

Will hit back with some definite questions for you guys real soon. Thanks for listening to my rants :p

Bowmouth. Do you have issues with Darius? His posts seem very helpful and accurate. I feel that he probably knows what a Thai monsoon is. He has been here a long time.

Picking fights is not what this is about. Correct?

My friend was saying she rented an underwater camera for about 1000thb a day is it really that expensive? Damn! there goes my plans :-/

Do all dive shops at Koh Tao have this option?

Hi Mak, i just want to give you a "customer" opinion here on diving in Thailand. My first point would be dont get caught up in a camera just yet as you really want to be concentrating on your skills and just enjoying the environment you are in to begin with, plus it gives you something to move onto later.
About the destination, if you have been to Thailand b4 in June then you know its not going to be bright sunshine all day but at the same time it doesnt rain all day either so i wouldnt let that sway your decision. I think diving in Thailand is all about where you want to be up top as much as down below especially for a new starter as both west and east offer good/very good diving. If you like to chill, koh tao with its relaxed atmosphere and good food is a great place to be and its sooo cheap.

West or east hHave fun whereever you go, you wont be dissapointed...

i am sure that you will enjoy it whether you choose to dive the gulf or the andaman

I like both :)

The wrecks of the gulf are awesome and the last time i was at chumpon pinnacles my buddy and I had a whaleshark to ourselves for 20 odd minutes, in fact we got bored before it did.

However I also like the diving in the andaman and some of the nicest diving that I have done there on nearly deserted dive sites has been in the "low season"

Back
Top Bottom