June 10-20th - 2008 / Samui/Koh Tao/Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Andshand - thanks for the insight. I know what you mean... Id rather enjoy the moment than worry about capturing it! I hear its a crazy world down there :wink:

Some questions -

Can someone link me to medium budget Dive school packages
(Package of accomo + dive course is also a possbility)

Is Snorkel gear also chargeable at the budget places or will I save by bringing my own?
(My friend has some she bought in Australia)

Your top 3 spots in the Gulf / Andamans

:D :D :D

Gulf; Sail Rock
Chumpon Pinnacle
Green Rock

Andaman;
Koh Bon
Koh Tachai
??????

Didnt get to Richelau but that would be No1

Andshand, Bowmouth thanks for the listing of exotic spots!!

Now coming back to my upcoming holiday if any of you guys can PM with your dive schools etc Id appreciate it... I wouldnt think of it as self promotion, honest.

It will be good to know someone from the Board who has an outfit there.

Also my friend just returned from Koh Tao, she says the storm as kind of made the water choppy and the boat they were out in turned back so they didnt snorkel.

Should I postpone my trip towards the end of june ?

Can someone link me to medium budget Dive school packages
(Package of accomo + dive course is also a possbility)

Is Snorkel gear also chargeable at the budget places or will I save by bringing my own?
(My friend has some she bought in Australia)

Your top 3 spots in the Gulf / Andamans

:D :D :D

@1 Just "Google" the following 3 words: "Diving-package-Phuket" (or Thailand) and a long list with quite a few good sites will pop up.

@2 If you join a daytrip snorkeling usually the snorkel gear is included in the price. If you just want to go snorkeling off the beach you'll have to rent. A full set will be 200-300 Baht per day. If you have a mask at home that fits you well, bring it.

@3

Gulf:
Pattaya x 3

Andamans:
Pattaya x 3

:D

Should I postpone my trip towards the end of june ?

Storms come and go and it's hard to predict exactly where and when they will hit.
Don't postpone; just come over and enjoy the diving!

:D

Ok so I will bring my snorkel mask along :)

I dont mean postpone my trip... Iv got about 35 days in the S.E.Asia region. Initially my plan was to visit Tao from 9th - 20th and then go north. Now im toying with the idea of doing Tao/Samui towards the end of june.

Lemme see what google throws up for the Tao dive schools :D

cheers mates!

Back
Top Bottom