July in Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

choiahoy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be heading to Kauai for a few days this summer with my wife and mother. My wife and I are both divers, but my mother can only snorkel.

Any recommendations for areas good for both snorkeling and diving (snorkeling more important) in July?

Thanks!!

I'll be heading to Kauai for a few days this summer with my wife and mother. My wife and I are both divers, but my mother can only snorkel.

Any recommendations for areas good for both snorkeling and diving (snorkeling more important) in July?

Thanks!!

July is a beautiful time here on the island for both diving and snorkeling. There are many opportunities to both dive and snorkel. Depending on the length of trip that you desire you can do half day trips on the south shore, Napali coast trips, and even Niihau. It's relatively easy to dive while other family members snorkel on some of the charters as well. Another option is to take advantage of some of the great snorkeling from shore. Koloa Landing is a spectacular shore site for both diving and snorkeling. Turtles are plentiful and get up close and personal with divers and snorkelers alike. It's a protected and shallow cove which is really great. Nearby Poipu Beach and PK's / Lawai Beach are great spots as well that offer shallow snorkeling.

If you are staying up north there are less boating options but some really nice areas to snorkel.

Depending on the comfort level of all the divers/snorkelers in terms of sea legs you could also do a small private zodiac trip that would include snorkeling/ diving and dolphin watches.

So......many many options. Let me know where you are staying and what your looking for specifically/ideally and I would be happy to guide you more specifically.

Exctied for you and your trip. Any land or ocean questions you have - I'd be happy to try and answer.

A

Back
Top Bottom