July 5, 2014 Albert Head (Victoria) video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice video!
I'd heard you had decent viz that weekend. I dived Albert Head a week later. It was "pea soup" on surface and couldn't seen my hand extended, however once I got to the bottom (50ft+?) viz opened-up a lot...and I could see my fins! ;-)

Seriously, tho' - nice video. Great to see people post about some of our nice local (Van Isle) sites.

Thank you for posting!

That looks strikingly like Northern California where I dive, including the Puget Sound King Crab at 4:30 minutes.
Are you allowed to take scallops where you are? I spotted a few nice ones.

That looks strikingly like Northern California where I dive, including the Puget Sound King Crab at 4:30 minutes.

I don't fish anymore, so not sure bout our local regulations (on scuba), but I'm a former Northern CA diver & you just reminded me of a buddy of mine who shocked me years ago, first time I saw it, diving along a wall with tons of scallops on it - out comes dive knife & pop, in goes u/w lunch. :) [ fresh indeed! ]

FYI...there's quite a few scallops on the rocks at Ogden Pt.

I'm not sure if that area is closed for shellfish. I assumed that most areas in the strait of Georgia and Juan de Fuca were closed due to contamination. -Or maybe that's just for digging them up on the beaches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom