July 29 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Photo #1
comet.jpg

Photo #2
nudis.jpg

Photo #3
clam.jpg

Photo #4
coral.jpg

Photo #5
eggs.jpg

Photo #6
nudi2.jpg

Photo #7
nudi1.jpg

Last edited:
At least in the aquarium trade here in the US it would be called a marine betta. Calloplesiops altivelis. I love the shot of the green star polyps.

Wonderful photos, as usual -- the first fish is gorgeous! But what is the next to the last picture?

Great shots, I'm not sure about the second three maybe you could enlighten everyone with some identification.

Great shots, I'm not sure about the second three maybe you could enlighten everyone with some identification.

I don't have my nudi ID book with me so I don't know the scientific names.
#1 Comet Fish (Marine Beta). They are usually in small caves or holes in the reef. This one surprised me as it was out in the open, but not for long. Two photos and it was gone.
#2 Nudibranchs (probably a mated pair)
#3 Electric Clam
#4 Coral Polyps
#5 Don't know what it is but I'm thinking some type of eggs.
#6 Nudibranch (I'm told it's Elysia tomentosa)
#7 Nudibranch (scientific name ?)

Last edited:
#5 Don't know what it is but I'm thinking some type of eggs.
I think it's a coral of sorts. We have a very similar one here which I happen to know is Shizoretepora tesselata but I can find surprisingly little information about it - or the even the genus for that matter.

Wow, great pics. Especially love the (lack of) DOF in #2.
All taken with the equipment in your signature?

If #5 were here in Puget Sound, it would almost certainly be a bryozoan of some kind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom