Journalist looking for diving stories...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eben Hall

New
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am a video journalist for Great Big Story. Currently, I am looking for unique stories about diving and the diving community. Ideally, these are stories about people using diving to change the world for the better or doing something surprising or unique. Here are a few examples:

Japan’s Post Box Under the Sea
Healing the Ocean With a Garden of Coral
The Herb Garden Grown in an Undersea Pot
Diving For Golf Balls in America’s Most Famous Water Hazard
Aquatic Affection: How a Scuba Diver Found a Good Friend Under the Sea
Working a Crime Scene Underwater

If you or someone you know has a dive story you think is worth telling, I would love to hear about it. Many thanks for your time.

Dive heart, wounded warriors, DDI and the other adaptive dive programs do heart warming things around the globe.

Closer to home KUUCHIITAAU is a program where we using adaptive diving as part of trauma therapy for youth in the arctic ocean of northern Canada.

Cameron

I was young troubled orphan boy in Seattle. Forced to make amends for vandalism, I was told to clean my graffiti from the walls of the local marine park. I unwittingly became friends with a surly killer whale, and together we healed each other. Sadly, the money hungry park owner hatched a scheme to profit from the whale's demise. Together with a few other cohorts, we sneaked into the park and engineered an escape for my friend, releasing him back into the ocean to reunite with his family.

Oh wait... was that me? Maybe not.

How about attempts to make artificial reefs or sinking of boats?

1. The Kittiwake of Grand Cayman
2. The conception, deployment, failure, and cleanup of Osborne Reef.
3. Deepwater Horizon settlement money used to make artificial reefs.
4. Underwater museums of Cancun or Walton County, Florida.

How about attempts to make artificial reefs or sinking of boats?

1. The Kittiwake of Grand Cayman
2. The conception, deployment, failure, and cleanup of Osborne Reef.
3. Deepwater Horizon settlement money used to make artificial reefs.
4. Underwater museums of Cancun or Walton County, Florida.

If the underwater statues become something of interest there's a set in Grenada too. It may have been the first.

Back
Top Bottom