Jost Van Dyke Watersports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clyderyde

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any experience with this operator.
"Undercurrent" has only one reference and it is not very good.

Clyderyde

Jost van dyke as in the BVI's ? When I visited during an island sailing trip, this little island struck me as rather undeveloped. There was Foxy's of course, then a very rustic village, with a grocery store in a shack at the end of the lane. I have heard that you can do bargain-priced camping there, and drink like a fool at Foxy's, but from what I saw, I would not count on much beyond that. Of course I should stress that I did not do an exhaustive tour and I might have missed quite a bit. In any event, watch out for the damn insects at night -- this was the only place in the whole BVIs where we really got good and nailed. Happy travels !

Jost is one of the smallest of the BVIs and has a resident population of about 150 ppl. It is a very quiet and relaxing place to stay. There is some excellent diving off the North Shore, Green Cay, off Big Tobago Island, Watsons Rock, Mercurious Rock etc., but I would say that it is largely condition dependent. Colin runs a basic operation, but it is nothing fancy and with none of the frills of a larger operation. I personally have not been out with him, but I have dove many of those sites. In all honesty, if you are looking for a true "dive" vacation, you might be better served going to one of the other BVI islands or even into the USVI--St. John or St. Croix. Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions.

Back
Top Bottom