Jordan c-130 military plane new Dive site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Springtime is inho the best time, summer is too hot.
You can rent a car to get around, the traffic is not that horrible and the roads are pretty good.

Nice! And all that show for creating a new wreck! :yeahbaby:

I like the Red Sea best end of October, beginning November. Water is still warm and the crowds are gone. Haven't been to Jordan yet, but it won't be that much different than Egypt I guess.

Any idea of the depth?

So I just read this: http://www.scubaverse.com/making-history-aqaba-scuttling-c-130-hercules/

Besides this cool new divable, I would love to see ancient Petra and the Aqaba fort.
Best time and way to dive Jordan?

I spent 6 weeks in Jordan last April/May. We went diving with Dive Aqaba one day (2 dives). Nothing special, both the diving and the dive shop. We rented equipment and it seemed fairly worn, although I was told that they change out their rental equipment every two years. I would only go diving if you want to say that you dove in the Red Sea.

One word of caution we stayed at Captains Hotel in Aqaba. My wife dives with a gopro and she didn't download photos until last week while we were in Hawaii. While she was downloading her photos she discovered multiple photos of man taking photos of himself with her gopro in our room. Very disconcerting, although we didn't notice anything missing from our room.

Don't waste your time with the Aqaba fort. Petra is a must. We spent two days there, hiking 10+ plus miles a day.

PM me if you have any questions.

If it's the same as Sinai (which I assume is the case since they're very close) then the best times would be Spring or Autumn. Summer is too hot and winter can get a little bit chilly/windy but still better than going in summer

Back
Top Bottom