Job Offer Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaberman1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Scubaboarders!

I recently graduated college and, like many others, have been on the prowl for jobs. My goal is to go back to graduate school within 3-5 years (PhD Econ) after having some work experience under the belt. That being said, I received 2 offers and am having trouble deciding. Hopefully someone out there can offer some help! Here is what I got:

Market Analytics Firm

Base: 44,500
Relocate: 1,500
Start: Sept 1
Great benefits and health coverage.

My Pros: Benefits are out of this world (health,savings,transportation reimbursement, etc) . Location is near some of the top econ graduate schools in the country and I can see myself settling down there. I have family that work close to the office and my girlfriend wants to go to chicago. They pay for SOME education, VERY generous time off, and I can work for them while going to graduate school.
Cons: Its expensive to live in Chicago.

JP Morgan Chase

Base: 45,000 plus bonus, 8 weeks paid training in NY (including food)
Relocate: Unsure/have not seen benefits package
Start: Sept 19
Great name and cheaper living

My Pros: JP Morgan is an excellent name and looks impressive right out of college. The training program is one of the best in the industry and appears there is room for advancement. I feel as though it would be easier/cheaper to develop a financial foundation here.
Cons: Jacksonville is nice but it is harder to network there, its nowhere near the schools I want to go to, girlfriend might not enjoy it so much, and I fear the work might be more mundane then described.

Back
Top Bottom