Job Divers are still in demand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello to everyone,

I am an new user of this wonderful web site and also not a scuba diver yet. I plan to start my diving courses this summer, get certified as DM and then(I am between the jobs wright now )start to apply for this kind of job.
My question is if it's the wright thing to do for a future kind a job.It's still this job in demand? I could do this just for fun only,or really to make a living out of it ? I an a novice and I need your guidance please.Just share yore experience with me,your pros and cons,anything that could help me to be able to take the wright decision .
Thanks a bunch people((:) !!:D

Not sure whether you are a troll, or just too young ...

Your attitude doesn't help the topic dude....better say nothing then trying to be cocky/smart a**.You look very frustrated to me ... Next time don't bother my time with senseless replies,I will not even bother to replay back.

Well, you don't scuba dive, yet you want to work as a DM. How do you know it's the right thing for you? It seems like a naive question to ask, IMHO.
Besides, there are hundreds of threads in this forum about working as a DM and how little money they make... use the search function on the top right. My apologies if I offended you.

,,Dude"... I guess you don't understand my topic,otherwise you would stop giving the wrong answers...My question was : [h=2]Job Divers are still in demand?[/h] I did not ask for a balance inquiry,so I really don't understand why you think it's stupid to ask if it's wright or wrong to do this kinda job.Then you tell me :''Well, you don't scuba dive, yet you want to work as a DM. How do you know it's the wright thing for you?"
You make me laugh ,,dude" . Again you don't listen to the question .I was looking for people to share there's own experiences and opinions about this profession generally like ,ok?
Due to normal logic and common sense ,analyzing people's answers I could find out if indeed it's the wright thing to do for me ...That was my topic ,or let's be more accurate( it's obvious you don't have the capacity of being subtle) I was waiting for more guidance,stories to tell,interacting with divers.I am not making a statistic research based on a salary,rather an interactive connection. This topic can stay open as long the administrators considers,so why jump with this kind of conclusion ?
You are not obliged to answer to it ,if you don't like it ...so why you still affair ,just to be toxic with some novice's? You fell superior doing that ? That 's tells a lot about yourself after wall... I really hope that you are not a Licensed diver,you 're lack of professionalism would not convince me to dive with you not even in a 5 m pool,,dude".

What's a job diver, exactly? I'm not sure if you mean diving as a job, or if there is a particular occupation 'job diver', like 'commercial diver'. Even the commercial diver category contains many many specialties. Those in the highest demand have received specialty training, usually military.

There is a lot of information on this site, most of it in the form of warnings about how difficult jobs are to get, how low the pay is, and how worthless most commercial diving schools are.

The most lucrative jobs are in commercial diving in dark cold waters doing physically tough and dangerous jobs. Underwater construction, welding, maintenance, etc., and the most valued qualification is military training and experience.. The recreational dive business has very few possibilities, and those pay poorly, sometimes not at all. Free diving is all you get.

A positive attitude and a willingness to learn from others is a basic requirement for any job, and this is something you might do well to work on, along with your spelling.

There are a lot of divemasters doing the job for fun, the chances of getting a good paying job are slim. Supply has always exceeded demand, there's always somebody ready to do the job for free dives

There is no position called job diver. If you are inquiring over the demand for diver jobs, see above

Divemasters spend most of their time interacting with people, you will sometimes be dealing with difficult clients. Do you have the personality, patience and attitude to handle this. Would you have a problem cleaning up the vomit from a sea sick passenger

Is English a second language, being able to speak more than one language is a plus

There are a lot of threads addressing this topic and they can provide you with valuable information. Past postings are a valuable resource for any diving questions

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom