JJ-CCR O-ring Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsingler

Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If you've tackled the Owner Service on the JJ-CCR, you know how frustrating it can be sorting through the 53 unlabeled orings in the main kit, not to mention the 11 more in the DSV kit! Although there are a couple of guides out there (with thanks to Kieren Hatton), there is room for a more compact way of sorting your o-rings in preparation for service.

With the generous assistance of @taimen , I have created a printable guide that splits the o-rings into logical groups. The attached PDF is arranged for printing with a 100mm square on each page for calibration, so that you can divide your o-rings before you even disassemble the breather, and perhaps repackage your kit into logical sub-kits. There is one added o-ring for the stock OPV which is on the Canister page, which is not in the standard factory kit.

I have also had the complete set of all 64 JJ-CCR orings (+ 2 OPV o-rings) produced through a combination of custom manufacture and McMaster Carr stock, in Duro 75 Nitrile. It is available for purchase at a modest (20%) discount off the cost of OEM o-rings from the U.S. distributor, not to mention factory cost from Denmark. More important, it is available immediately. Note: the factory points out that aftermarket kits are not authorized by JJ. Therefore, these o-rings should be used at your own risk. Contact me if you have an interest.

Enjoy the sorting templates attached below! Consider printing the pages and cutting the guides out. Slip them in the factory kit bags and your next service might be a bit easier.

Attachments

• JJ_ORing_Sorter.pdf
    121 KB · Views: 621
Ah, yes! Flavio's drawings!
Very exact. A great guide to disassembly!

Back
Top Bottom