JJ-CCR Banjo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomsch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I‘m currently planning on modifying my JJ with different MAVs who also will function as a splitter for the ADV feed. The disadvantage is that the MAVs I want only have male 3/8 fittings, which on the JJ are already on the T-piece Banjos.

So I have 2 options, i could either put an adapter on one side or i switch out the Banjos from the original 9/16 male to 3/8 male banjos to some 9/16 male to 9/16 female banjos.
My personal favorite would be exchanging the banjos because it doesn’t add another point of failure and the adapters cost the same as new banjos.

To my question now, officially the threading on the T-Piece and on the standard banjos is 9/16. Could their be a problem with different threading lengths or O-Ring sizes? I have heard in another thread that the O-Rings are not a standard size but have a different thickness. I‘m especially concerned with the ADV banjo.
For me it looks like it should be no problem when i compared the banjos but also i don‘t have any tools to measure them exactly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom