Jets wont fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWupnorth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my new dry suit and I wear a size 10 rock boot. Now my XL jets wont fit and I also tried the XXL Jets which are way too big.

I assume there must be someone else out there with size 10 feet that has already solved this problem.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, John

Turtles? They might be big for a 10, though...

I wear size 10 rock boots. I found the Turtles to be an acceptable fit (albeit slightly loose). I went with a slightly shorter spring strap (~9") to get a snugger fit.

I also wear size 10 Rockboots.
I CAN get the XL Jets on, but it will be very tight and will not go completely in.
The XXL Jets actually fit very well for me.
Almost all of my foot goes in, and I use very short spring straps.
I actually like it better than when I could wear the XL Jets, because the bottom of the footpocket comes a lot closer to the heel, much like a more modern fin and makes it more comfortable.

UWupnorth:
Is the performance of the turtle fin the same as the jets?
That's a matter of opinion. Some like he jets better and say they are stiffer. I like the Turtles.

I called LeisurePro earlier today and asked about the size I might need (was going to order them today) and stated I wear a size 16 shoes and I wear 15 Akona boots. He stated that the XL would be to small and the XXL would be to big.

How do I get "my" size? I know I have a hard time getting pants and shirts and shoes? Well, I can order them all day online, just not locally. So how do I know what size to get? I don't really have a LDS here that carries the Jets... Ideas?

Michael

For the OP: I wear size 10 (XL) Bare rockboots and the turtles work fine for me.FYI

Switch to turbo soles.
Then the jets will be perfect!
Milo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom