jetfins feedback from the ladies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have just a hair under 200 dives in my jets (with spring straps). I love them, great manuverability, great with kicks other than flutter, great power when you need it, great finess for the close in work.

Really, the only way to know what will work for her is to borrow/rent some different fins and try them out.

storm1fishing:
My girlfriend needs new fins and she likes the look of them. Also , she has small feet ( size 31/2 - 4 shoe ) , would a size small fit. :06:

Wow! She does have small feet. I wear a size 7 1/2 - 8 shoe and I got the Med Jets. I also have spring straps on them but can't remember the size of those. I suggest spring straps as well because it is a lot easier getting them on and off.

A buddy let me try some jet fins last fall, and I fell in love with them. Got my jetfins on Ebay a couple months ago and have been wearing them since.

Hi Scuba_Jenny,

A couple of months is a long time to be wearing those fins LOL! JK :wink:

Anyway, my girl loves them as they are short yet powerful.

Spoon, Jets are fins you can consider getting for your girl too but I would recommend that she first try them out.

SangP

Scuba_Jenny:
Got my jetfins on Ebay a couple months ago and have been wearing them since.

I didn't know they made JETS in pink now! :11:

Lil' Irish Temper:
I didn't know they made JETS in pink now! :11:
LOL. Dang my reputation preceeds me...sigh
check out my updated sig. :D

Hey LIT... you might appreciate this hijack off topic post...
Living here in South Florida I was thinking of getting one of those customized license plates and wanted something scuba related... so I thought of the perfect plate...then realilzed it wouldn't work down here..

JET FINS
:D

My dive buddy and I (both girls) both wear the jet fins and love them. I just switched over from Aeris splits, and at first it felt like the jets weighed a ton, but then I realized how much more power and control I had, and I'm hooked. I will second what most in thei thread have said though and that is that you need the spring straps.

J.

Jaye's been diving her plastic Atomic Splits for years. On our Belize trip a week ago I brought along a pair of Large jets that don't fit me (I take the XL's in wetsuit booties.)

I also brought her plastics... just in case.

She tried the jets on the first dive, and dived them the entire 17 dives of the trip. She said she loves them. Likes that their shorter (and easier to get around in on the small dive pangas we were on) and likes the "control" (her words, not mine...) They were "so much more stable, easier to kick, much easier to get off than my Atomic fins..." (also her words.)

She likes them. A lot. We're gonna likely eBay her splits soon.

---
Ken

Bought em for her a week ago. she tried em and loved them the very first time. its amazing how well shes adapted to them. bigger difference especially in the currents. i know have to keep up with her:) i cant say how the jets have also helped her manage her gas and propulsion!

Back
Top Bottom