Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prthd9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking at buying some Jet Fins online and need to know if they fit the same as twin Jets. I have XL Twin Jets, so would I need XL Jet Fins?

No the sizes are ridiciulous, but do a search for sizing and you will find a chart somoene posted that relates sizes of a ton of differnet fins to different booties and drysuit boot sizes.

prthd9:
I am looking at buying some Jet Fins online and need to know if they fit the same as twin Jets.

No, they don't fit the same. I am using XL Jets but I can go with L when I was trying out the Twin Jets way back.

Cheekymonkey:
And with size 10 rockboots, the Jet fins are either too small in XL, or way to Large in XXL.
Get yourself a pair of Turtles. They're between the XL and XXL Jets in terms of sizing.

What is the big difference between the turtles and the other jet fins? I don't see a significant difference other than the price.

Turtles are not Jet fins, they are manufactured by an entirely different company. However, they're pretty close to being the same thing so many people who have feet that are too large for XL Jets and too small for XXL Jets use them as an in-between size.
They are slightly shorter in terms of fin-length, and many people say they don't have quite the "snap" that Jets have. I've only used them once but I enjoyed the experience.

Back
Top Bottom