Jet Fins Vs Hollis- Foot pocket size comaparison?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This may have been asked before. I did a search, but did not come up with anything obvious. I have been using DUI Rock Boots (Size 7 (women's size 9)) with XL Jet fins & these have done well. I just got a pair of Scubapro drysuit boots & really like the feel & lightweight nature of them. However, the XL Jet Fin seems borderline too large for the Scubapro boots. There is a little slippeage of the foot inside the fin. Not dramatic, but noticeable. How does the Hollis fin (XL, I assume) compare to the Jet fin of the same size? Would this be a better option? Thanks for the info!:D

Tammy, I have the Hollis F-1's in regular and XL. The XL are what I use with my size 9 heavy sole boots like these-
Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba Diving Boots - Neo Classic
The regular or large work with my 3mm and 5 mm scubamax soft sole boots and my HOG predator drysuit boots that are attached. They are size 8. The pocket is softer than a jet pocket so it will give a little. You also need to remember that the Hollis has a 3 position adjustment on the springs. The regulars will work with the heavier boots but it's a bit of a chore getting them on and off for me.

Jim, I also have Size 7 (women's 9's) Neo classic wetsuit boots, they are about the same as the Sp boots, fit- wise in the XL Jet Fins (a tad loose). I have 2 pr of XL Jet Fins. 1 pair the spring is a bit stratched out & fit the rock boots well, but I managed to lose one, when wearing the wetsuit boots, over the deep section of the quarry, when I jumped in. Fortunately, I had a friend who was doing a deep dive that day & he was kind enough to retrieve it for me. The other pair has a much tighter spring- Almost impossible to get on over the Rock Boots, but still just a tad loose with the wetsuit boots or Scubapro boots.

Jar 546, I have only done 1 dive in the Scubapro boots, So far I'm impressed with them. They are much lighter than the Rock boots. They are rather stretchy with a lot of neoprene in the construction. The only minuses I've noticed was That there are no drain holes & they are a bit squishy when you first get out of the water, until the water works its way out of the neoprene & the shoe strings are very slicky & wonder how well they will hold a knot.

Back
Top Bottom