Jet fins sizing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I did a brief search but the information was not very clear on this. I have finally given up trying to make the fins for my rockboots work with my wetsuit (kinda a shame I really like those fins) and decided to get a pair of jetfins for wet diving. I wear a size 9.5 tennis shoe which means I dive in a pair of size rubber soled wetboots. Which size of jetfins would fit better, large or XL?

Sorry if this has been asked before but as I said I couldn't find it.

Thank you

Large work for me. My wet suit booties are the Pinnacle Venturer, so they don't have a heavy sole.

I'd say go for the XL's. I'm a US Men's size 7 1/2. With SP Delta boots a Large Jet fits just fine. With SP molded sole boot I can wear an XL Jet with almost no slack at all.

I'm a size 8 foot i just bought Jetfins In L a i use spring straps with these fins. I would go with L and use a larger strap if you need a bit more room I used the 8 inch strap they also come in a 10 inch you can make them a Little bit bigger that way

I'm a size 8 foot i just bought Jetfins In L a i use spring straps with these fins. I would go with L and use a larger strap if you need a bit more room I used the 8 inch strap they also come in a 10 inch you can make them a Little bit bigger that way

This will result in more of your foot hanging out the back of the footpocket. Not what is optimum. You want very little of your heel exposed=more leverage. Try the fins on with your boots and let us know what you end up with.

I actually just ran into this same issue. I generally wear a size 9 shoe, and I recently got a pair of Large Jetfins. When I put them on barefoot, they fit fine. But, alas, no barefoot diving for me. I can't wear my preferred booties and instead have to wear what basically amounts to a watersock to fit properly into my fins. (Foot mostly in pocket, not with back half of foot hanging out). I just upgraded to an XL, I couldn't be happier. My foot fits in the footbox properly(can't stress proper fit into fin enough, but that is a different issue), and I can wear real booties. I would definitely suggest extra large fins for you, my friend.

I have not posted this in awhile, but hope it helps: Aloha Shore Divers

click on the brand boot you are wearing, and if anyone has submitted data about that boot/jet fin combination you can see their opinions on how well it worked.

Do remember that the foot pocket on Jets are not uniform, so the best thing to do is take your boot into the LDS and try on several pair of the same size - some will actually fit better than others. I've found this to be especially true of the XL size (some fit size 9 and others fit 13) The XL fins I have fit size 9-11 depending on how thick the boot is. Large fit 7-9 and Medium 5-8.

Hope you find one that fits you -

Aloha, Tim

I did a brief search but the information was not very clear on this. I have finally given up trying to make the fins for my rockboots work with my wetsuit (kinda a shame I really like those fins) and decided to get a pair of jetfins for wet diving. I wear a size 9.5 tennis shoe which means I dive in a pair of size rubber soled wetboots. Which size of jetfins would fit better, large or XL?

Sorry if this has been asked before but as I said I couldn't find it.

Thank you

Do whatever you can to get into a size XL. It's a different fin than the L. You may have to go with a sneaker soled boot to pull it off, but if you buy both the boots and the fins at the same time, you'll be able to try a variety of combinations until you find one that works.

I wound up getting the XL, good thing too there was no way the larges would have fit my wetboots. Thank you all for the inputs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom