Jet Fins Size.please Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

will_tekkie

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys I Have A Doubt..i´m Going To Buy A Jet Fins Pair With Springs For A Friend Online From Lp But I´m Not 100% Sure If A Large Size Is Ok For Him. He Uses A 8 1/2 (42 In Europe) For Regular Shoes...following The Guidelines That Lp Provides (regular Size+1=9 Or 9 1/2), A Large Size Must Be Ok Enough...but I Have My Doubts As I Said, Maybe It Would Be A Little Bigger Than The Ideal.

Please I Hear Your Opinions About It..

Thanks...

Will.

I use XL jets and wear size 9.5 US shoes.

Size 8 1/2 shoes for me and my Jet fins are XL with Large size springs. Tried Medium springs and they turned out too small.

Leeward:
Size 8 1/2 shoes for me and my Jet fins are XL with Large size springs. Tried Medium springs and they turned out too small.

Dito. Size 42 European, and I use XLs with large springs.

May depend on the boot he plans to wear. With a 3mm neoprene bootie (wetsuit) the XL Jets were too big for my 9.5 wide foot.

I am a 10.5 in shoe size, use DC drysuit boots and can barely sqeeze into XL jets. They're suctiontastic trying to get out of them. I saw an XXL set at a demo and they're way too big. For an 8.5, I'd think the XL jets would be okay.

I have smaller foot (41 EU) and I use XL fins with L spring straps (dry suit). I used to use it also with wet suit but with smaller straps.

I wear a US size 9 in a 5mm wetsuit bootie and the large Jet fins fit fine. My drysuit boots don't even come close to fitting, though.

awap:
May depend on the boot he plans to wear. With a 3mm neoprene bootie (wetsuit) the XL Jets were too big for my 9.5 wide foot.
I have size 9.5 feet and currently use the SP "Molded Sole Boots" 5mm size ML/9 that have more of an athletic-shoe-type sole. Not a bad combination with XL Jetfins. Though I've been thinking about trying the Henderson Hyperstretch boots. I still don't have a set of springstraps, the rubber straps are terrible IMO...

Will, remember that the M and L Jetfins are approx. 3" shorter than the XL.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom