Jet Fin / Size 10 Rock Boot confirmation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CompuDude:
Good to know. So... I think there is a pretty good chance I could fit size 9 rockboots, since they're cut so big to allow for mondo insulation layers. (I don't think I need all that much insulation, as my feet really don't get cold much.) Do size 9 rockboots fit ok in XL Jets? I REALLY don't want to have to buy Turtles unless there is absolutely no other option. Not so much because of the money, but because I then have to schlep two pairs of big bulky fins everywhere I go, if I may want to alternate wet and dry.

Also, I think Converse are cut smaller, and they might stand a better chance of fitting. Ya think? I'm getting the Rockboots as part of my kit anyway, however, so I still want to know about those.

FWIW, attached boots must be very different. The attached boots on my USIA drysuit (which I believe are size 11) fit in my XL Jets, although it can be a little bit of work getting them on and off. (Yes it's a bit too big for me even with many layers of socks, one reason why I'm getting a new drysuit.)

I wore a size 9 Rock Boot. Twin Jets - XL, Jet - XL, Atomic Split Fins - XL, new ScubaPro Twin Jets - L, Force fins - XL.

Hope this helps.
:monkeydan

dschulte:
I wore a size 9 Rock Boot. Twin Jets - XL,

Wow....I felt that Twin jet XL is way bigger for a size 10 Rock boot...:confused:

hoosier:
Wow....I felt that Twin jet XL is way bigger for a size 10 Rock boot...:confused:

I could not get my toes in enough to be comfortable with the large; almost an inch from the end. This was with a pair of Bare Rock Boots. I now dive a Pinnacle molded boot, that too requires an XL, but the Twin Jets are too large, I mostly dive the Jet fins. Still I can not get into a Large in the Twin Jets or the Atomics.

I wear a 12EE.
XXL Jetfins are my most comfortable method of transportation. My "feets" in a thin pair of booties will just barely fit into a pair of XXL Jets, while being tight, they are not so tight as to cause cramps in my feet.
If I had rock boots on I'd need fins with foot pockets big enough for a concrete block to fit into. Who makes fins with foot pockets that large???

Back
Top Bottom