Jet Fin help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have complained about this before but now I really need some advice. I love my Jets (regular Jets) I need them for my Dry Suit diving but my XL's don't fit with my size 9 Trek Boots and the XXL's are of course way too big. My Bare drysuit has the "compression resistant booties" that are to be worn under the Trek Boots. My question is this: Can't I just wear regular wetsuit booties? I mean how bad could it be? My compression resistant booties fit fine in a Pair of size 10 Henderson Gold booties and in turn the whole thing fits into an XL Jet. I have heard that you can't use Wetsuit booties but why? They are tucked nice and tight into the Jets so getting "trapped air" wouldn't be a big problem...or would it?

Any advice would help greatly.

Thanks!

CALI68:
I have complained about this before but now I really need some advice. I love my Jets (regular Jets) I need them for my Dry Suit diving but my XL's don't fit with my size 9 Trek Boots and the XXL's are of course way too big. My Bare drysuit has the "compression resistant booties" that are to be worn under the Trek Boots. My question is this: Can't I just wear regular wetsuit booties? I mean how bad could it be? My compression resistant booties fit fine in a Pair of size 10 Henderson Gold booties and in turn the whole thing fits into an XL Jet. I have heard that you can't use Wetsuit booties but why? They are tucked nice and tight into the Jets so getting "trapped air" wouldn't be a big problem...or would it?

Any advice would help greatly.

Thanks!

It's possible. I had a drysuit in th 80's (before the trekboot era) that used wet suit shoes. You get cold feet but it does solve certain problems.

R..

I'm using some Chuck Taylor knockoffs that I got at WalMart over my NexGen booties. I have size 10 1/2. I had to trim just a bit of the rubber at the widest point (about an 1/8" on each side) and now I can fit them in my XL jetfins.

Tom

I just discovered that DUI Rock boots (size 9) fit with the XL Jets! It was the Trek Boots all along that had me screwed up!

There are lots of people using wetsuit boots over Nex-Gen suits. Not uncommon at all.

I chose to buy turtles to avoid the hassle. They fit my size 12 trek boots just fine.

CALI68:
I just discovered that DUI Rock boots (size 9) fit with the XL Jets! It was the Trek Boots all along that had me screwed up!
Yep, My size ten rock boot fits xl jets as well, with a heavy undergarment boot. It's a little tight getting it off.
Size 11 fits also, but you might need to burn an airhole in the fin to get your foot out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom