Jet fin buckle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcostanza

Reaction score
# of dives
Good evening.

I would like to know if anyone knows of a source for replacement buckles for Jet Fins? Not interested in the straps, only the metal buckles. I have searched high and low locally and even tried many of the "buckle" industries (camping, crafts,etc) to no avail.
In the interm I have had to practice my origami skills on 2 pairs of zinc coated d-rings.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards
Don

Roger Lacasse, who has a website on which he displays some D-I-Y dive gear projects, e-mailed me and advised that he bought some new Global jet fin buckle hardware, reversed it so it attached like the original F/O which then put all the stress on the hardware and the rubber block just became a cover, if you will. This spring strap hardware is available from any Global Distributor (most dive shops) and is their part number # 53050. It sells for about $2.00 each.

Compliments of Mr. Dalton, heres the link to his site about DIY straps.

DIY Spring Straps

SCORE ResQ

Thank you for the update as well as where to turn for the buckles. The link was greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
Don Costanza

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom