Java Sea Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arbu

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the history of the following wrecks in Indonesia? I think they're all Japanese WWII wrecks. I dived them around ten years ago but never found out much about them. They are:

1. North of Karimujawa Archipelago. 5 deg 40 min 50 sec south, 110 deg 30 min 44sec east. Large warship at around 50m depth.
2. Off Ujung Pandang. 5 deg 5 min 34 sec south, 119 deg, 17 min 10 sec east. 40m depth.
3. Off Ujung Pandang again. 5 deg 6 min 43 sec south, 119 deg 19 min 56 sec east. 30 m depth.

Would be interested in any info you have.

Arbu:
Does anyone have any information on the history of the following wrecks in Indonesia? I think they're all Japanese WWII wrecks. I dived them around ten years ago but never found out much about them. They are:

1. North of Karimujawa Archipelago. 5 deg 40 min 50 sec south, 110 deg 30 min 44sec east. Large warship at around 50m depth.
2. Off Ujung Pandang. 5 deg 5 min 34 sec south, 119 deg, 17 min 10 sec east. 40m depth.
3. Off Ujung Pandang again. 5 deg 6 min 43 sec south, 119 deg 19 min 56 sec east. 30 m depth.

Would be interested in any info you have.

Check with Vidar who runs the mv Empress. probably one of the most knowledgeable captains on wrecks in the area (based in Singapore but covers South China Sea down to Java Sea). His email contact is in the following website.

http://mvempress.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom