January in Marsa Alam, recommended dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
AnaCat

AnaCat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, can I get your help for my next trip?

I plan to go to Marsa Alam for 1 week in January.
I have AOW and Nitrox, but only 60 dives, mostly in Sharm and Hurghada, or other aquarium-like locations (Andaman, Maldives etc) - I’m in it for the marine life and beautiful corals after al… 😀

I have just bought my new diving equipment (just wetsuit, BCD, fins and boots) and I can’t wait to test it.
After acquiring the plane+accommodation (best Black Friday!) I am trying to find a less pricey dive shop.
I made some enquieries and after adding all additional costs and fees I end up with a budget around 550 Euros for 12 dives, factoring in the boat for Elphinstone and Dolphinhouse (well, if the weather allows) and bus to Abu Dabab.

I will be staying in Coraya Bay, 10 min out north from Port Ghalib.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Ana

Great that you found low priced flights and accomodation. Do NOT go with the cheapest DC. Go with a reputable one. Lowest prices means corners are cut somewhere, usually less experienced staff and less maintnance etc. You do NOT want to go to Elphinstone with a zodiac driver who don’t know the place inside and out, who know the currents and can adapt to change.

If you are staying in Coraya Bay I would suggest Coraya Divers, who have their shop in the bay. I have dived with them a few times before and they are a professional well run outfit. They are a big setup, so even if things are a bit quiet in January they will still have daily trips going. Previously I have booked and paid for a dive package before travelling, and this has worked out a bit cheaper than paying for dives when there - you still have to pay extra for speed boat, day boat and bus trips, plus the normal coast guard fees.

I have been using Seaworld-diving several times while staying in Coraya Bay, it's a small outfit located next door (north) at the Three Corners Sea Beach hotel, walk 500 m, of course they would come and pick you up.

Back
Top Bottom