Jan. and Feb. in SE ASIA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hadgini

New
Reaction score
I am trying to get some specific information on dive conditions and reccommended dive sites in SE Asia for the months of Jan. and Feb. Seems like most places are not great for diving in these months. If anyone knows some good places in the Phillipines, Malaysia, Vietnam or Indonesia for this time period please let me know. Been to Thailand many times so that is always an option, I know that the diving is in season in Phuket and Similans, but looking to try somewhere new. Thanks!

Jan and Feb is a fantastic time to dive in the Philippines. The weather and visibility are very good and it is considered well within the 'high' season for diving here.

The only problem some people have is that the water is at it's coldest. The coldest water I've experienced around that time of year is 23 C / 73F. All the local divers were complaining but I found it too be quite nice! Most of the rest of the year the temps are around 29C / 85F or higher.

Regarding places to dive a search on scubaboard of locations like puerto galera, anilao, subic bay, cebu / mactan, bohol, moalboal, malapasqua, dumaguete, coron / palawan, (and i'm sure others i've forgotten!) should yield lots of info.

have fun on your trip :)

Burman Bank would be another choice during that time.
A more exotic place would be Andaman Island (India) but it is rather difficult to get to and not too many live a board goes there but what I was told, it was all worth the effort.
I think Nov-Dec-Jan is the raining season around Borneo and much of Indonesia but if you go late Jan, or Feb, most sites there should be fine also. You have lots of choices, Sipadan, Sangalaki, Layang Layang, Manado/Lembeh Strait, Komodo, Irian Jaya. It all depends on how much effort you want to put into getting there and your budget.

I can recommend Bunaken in North Sulawesi, The Togian Islands in Central Sulawesi and Kapoposan Island in South Sulawesi. During that period was OK cause I have been in the Togians 2 years ago on February. Last time I've been there is this month and I was staying at this place call Kadidiri Paradise Resort. Price was OK, starting from $10 - $25 per person including 3 meals. The dive is $25 per dives, but you can get discount for multiple dives. You can visit their website at http://www.kadidiri-paradise.com to check their bungalows and prices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom