Jan 26 Maui pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
No dive pics today.

View of Mt. Haleakala from Kihei shortly after sunrise over the mountain. The fire is in the Polipoli Reserve and has been burning for a few days.

The photo was taken with my Kodak V610 pocket camera.

fire.jpg

Interesting picture. No diving today?

Why is there a fire in the reserve? Is this normal? I thought that there has been enough rain in Maui lately, am I wrong?
I love your dive pics, you have an eye for composition and make it a delight to view your photos. My sons father-inlaw lives on Oahu and has said that there has been plenty rain there, also I have a friend who lives on Kuai.

Fire sure makes for a spectacular sunrise though, doesn't it?

caymaniac:
Why is there a fire in the reserve? Is this normal? I thought that there has been enough rain in Maui lately, am I wrong?

No, it's not normal. The area of the fire is near impossible to access. Cloud cover has made aerial assaults also near impossible.
The rain on Maui varies throughout parts of the island. For example, in Kihei on the leeward side, it almost never rains. In Haiku on the windward side it rains almost every day in the winter months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom