Jan. 22, 2013 Gabriola Passage video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful dive site, and vis looked good. Thanks for sharing :) I have never seen that many box crabs in a dive, but haven't dove North of California yet.

I did a little reading about the passage, and the 6+kt currents are impressive. Makes the San Francisco Bay seem tame, except for the swells thrown in.

I have always wanted to drift dive into the bay, but yeah the vis sucks. 4ft would probably be called a good day.

Hey Swankenstein, video looks great! 8 of us are diving gabriola bluffs and snake island wall. Just curious if you or others have any vis reports? What can we expect?

Hey Swankenstein, video looks great! 8 of us are diving gabriola bluffs and snake island wall. Just curious if you or others have any vis reports? What can we expect?
I usually expect 40-60' in winter in the Nanaimo/Nanoose area, unless there's been lots of wind or rain. -It could be better than that at Snake Island since it's far from shore. I'd expect Gabriola Bluffs to be a bit less since it's close to the Nanaimo River estuary, but I've never been there myself so who knows. I go up to the Nanaimo area a few times a year, but I'm no local expert.

Wow that is some amazing sea life. I would love to dive that area.

Back
Top Bottom