Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was there last month, not a lot to see, but waters were very warm 84 degrees, very calm visibility was great. Here's a site to look at some of the pictures. I had some great dives there. If you're staying at a resort most of them have their own dive op on-site which usually have 2 to 3 dives a day excluding the training dives.

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

if the link doesn't work here the site on facebook

Couples Swept Away Dive Club

We are planing a trip to Jamaica. Can any one give me some information on diving there?

Where in Jamaica? I've been to Negril twice, and was more impressed the second time than the first, and really looking forward to our third trip in 2013. It is my understanding that diving other parts of the island (Montego Bay, for example) might not have as much popularity, so your destination may heavily influence the feedback.

Hello Timbilligen:

Former Pittsburger here. The only place to dive in Jamacia is on the seven mile beach area near Negril. The diving is not nearly as good elsewhere. They have a lot of all inclusive resorts such as beaches, sandals, etc that include 2 dives per day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon on separate trips. Most strictly enforce PADI standards. Make sure you are AOW qualified before going down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom