Jamaica Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for your advice... I 80 won't bother me one bit as far as temp.... I have felt sea lice before...(Papua New Guinea) where you could literally feel them biting you as you were diving (ouch) :11doh:

I will see what we have as far as lycra laying around...

I would wear a shorty with a skin underneath. Won't take up much space and why take the chance of being chilled. Be safe, not sorry.

Whether or not you get cold or not has many variables. The more you dive the more relaxed you get and then you get cold easier. At first all you can think about are the new experiences and sights you are seeing underwater, then after awhile you think more about how cold you are instead of what is going on around you. Thinner and/or smaller people get cold easier. When I was younger and thinner I was always cold. Even though that's not the case anymore, I still wouldn't dive in the Caribbean without a good fitting 3mm wet suit.

A wet suit is something you should buy and not rent or borrow. Fit is very important and wet suits are porous so can hold in bacteria. There is an old saying that there are divers that pee in their wet suits and then there are those that lie about it.

Back
Top Bottom