Jacqueline Bissett's reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moogyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I know this is a little later than Uncle Lloyd's day, and may have been answered before, but for the life of me I can't figure out what kind of reg she's using in The Deep. It looks awfully small and insubstantial, and I have no idea what its physical form actually is because it's so indistinct on the screen. Anyone have any clue?

cheers

Billy S.

Hey, Moogy!

I tried to find some pics of Ms Bissette with the reg one the web but couldn't.

I do know, however, that some years back Oceanic made a very, very, small and compact second stage. The purge disc was only about the size of a silver dollar in diameter. That may have been the one she was using. As far as I can remember it's the smallest 2nd stage I've ever seen.

Update . . .

I did some checking and the reg I mention is the Oceanic "Zeta".

Ummm...I watched the movie, but didn't notice the reg. Could something possibly have distracted me? :)

I found a photo of the actress & reg in question. I cropped the photo to reduce it from maybe a PG-14 to PG rating, ha ha.

i've found some pictures of her with the reg showing, but, i'm not sure if i should post
them... they're close to R rated

well... i'll post them for now, and if someone thinks these are too much we'll
deal with it then

(it *is* a small second stage)

http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Alley/6362/JacquelineBisset.html

also, she's freaking that poor burrfish out

Moogyboy:
I know this is a little later than Uncle Lloyd's day, and may have been answered before, but for the life of me I can't figure out what kind of reg she's using in The Deep. It looks awfully small and insubstantial, and I have no idea what its physical form actually is because it's so indistinct on the screen. Anyone have any clue?

cheers

Billy S.
Here's a pic I found that shows it fairly well. What's with the loop on her LH side? I'm cluless but some gear wonk may recognize it.

Gee all these years I thought it was Sea Hunt and Cousteau that made me want to take up this sport, now I wonder. :10:

Pete

Jacqueline Bisset had a regulator in that movie? I saw that one many times--own the video--and never noticed a reg before. Was it attached to the wet t-shirt?

theskull

I know what it is but I cannot access my memory files at the moment, however, I do think I know that it is a pneumatic servo assisted type. The tube that loops around is a sense line from the diaphram and servo valve. N

Spinnaker,yes, that is it. That is what I was wanting to say. I wonder if they are still in buisness? N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom