Jacksonville Diving ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going to be in Jacksonville over 4th of July weekend and wondered if anyone had any opinions on where to dive, who to dive with, how far I'll need to drive from Jacksonville Beach (where we're staying) to find some diving. I heard St Augustine is nice but know nothing about it or the Jacksonville area. Is it anything like SE Florida?

Thanks

I'm new to diving, but from what I have read and heard if you want ocean you need to head out on one of the dive boats. The other option is one (or more) of the many springs that are within a couple of hours drive. I'm hitting Devils Den and Blue Grotto this weekend.

There are a number of Jax based divers on the boards, hopefully they will be around to add some more insight.

Nothing like SE FL. No coral reefs or anything, the vis is not as good (20 -50 ft av erage) but the amount of life you'll find here is amazing. Massive schools of fish and if youre into spearin then NE FL is the place to be. The diving here is definatly different. More adventurous and uncrowded. Heres a good ocean charter, they go outta St. Augustine which is a nice place to stay.

www.scubacharter.com

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom