J-Valve to K-Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I have a valve like that too. I just use the 4lb hammer trick.
(just kidding):wink:
The pic shows the valve was tweaked in removal, as you said.
Hydro joints will sometimes bend the critters too, that's why I always haul my tanks in to the place myself & make sure the guys slap the wrench on properly, or just bring them in w/o valves.
Don't forget to make sure the reserve handle is in the DOWN (on) position during filling or you'll wind up with just a few hundred PSI in the tank while the fill guage shows full.

Went out there this morning and put air in it. Dave got 2000 psi and bam. Blowout.. Panic to get the air turned off! What the hell happened? The little safty blow disc blew! Replaced it for $5 and filled that sucker up. Put my reg on it and stuck under water. No leaks! Tank is good to go. Thanks again for all the help! This ScubaBoard is a great thing. You experts keep up the good work. Not only with your knowlege of equipment but also with good advice that helps made diving a great and SAFE sport! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom