Ixtapa or elsewhere?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Delhi Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going to a wedding in Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo in March 2007, and was thinking of taking 2-3 extra days to do some diving. Now there is diving in Zihuatanejo, but I could also take an additional internal flight to another location if preferable.

So is Zihuatanejo diving worth 3 days or should I go somewhere else (and where)? I have been to Cozumel already, and would consider something different.

Any suggestions are welcome!

We were very pleased with 6 days of diving with Carlo Scuba.
Thiery (sp?) and his pop (now I can't remember his name) were great hosts to their little side of the cove. It was my bride's first "discover SCUBA" experience- and it must have been good, as it led to her getting certified.
I would think you would be very happy with 2-3 days of diving at Zihua. Enjoy!
Craig-

Ixtapa is one of my favorite dive destinations. I always dive with Carlo Scuba (and his name is spelled Thiery). Its hard to bet better. And, make sure you hang out at their shop on the beach. It is one of my top 3 in the world.

Well as it turns out I can use frequent flyer miles to book a ticket that takes me to Cancun/Playa/Tulum/Coz, hop across to Ixtapa and back to the US. So I might actually get to dive both the Yucatan and Ixtapa! :bubble_fi

I suspect with this itinerary I will only get one day of diving at Ixtapa. Should I arrange a day trip to Los Morros de Potosi or are the closer Zihuatanejo dive sites interesting enough?

Also, I am thinking of diving Playa rather than Coz to experience the cenotes (at least one day) and some slightly varied diving (been to Coz, in 2003), plus easy access to Tulum spas! Any strong recommendations against Playa diving (I hear "less sea life than Cozumel")?

Gracias.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom