It's so depressing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the quality of diving that is off your doorstep I wouldn't care if it rained 365 days in a row, there's never any lightning hardly and you're gonna get wet diving anyway. The sea-life is more active when the rain is falling on the water too. I used to have a tarp hooked up that covered the dressing area behind the dive rig and stayed dry until I was suited up, its all the same once your underwater bro.

I got lucky when I moved my wife back there in 2003, that summer we had near 60 straight days of sun and fun, all the previous trips she had taken back to visit my folks were in Oct or Dec where daily rain mixed with showers is the norm.

Feel free to trade straight across, you can have to -10 Dec to Feb cold spell and the 100+ July and August days and all the freshwater you can submerge in just off the Lake MI shore. Of course there is only the wrecks and the history, no life to speak of. And when it warms up to 50 (as I recall the Puget Sound average that year) its because Milwaukee is dumping raw sewage into the pond.

Yeah, it is incredibly beautiful up here...but gloomy quite often Three areas I have lived:
Austin - counts consecutive days over 100...best to just go to zilker and hangout in barton springs(natural aquifer fed pool, what 63 degrees year round?) and the humidity, not as bad as east texas...but d*mn.
Chicago - nearly 3 solid months below freezing, but dry, so it wasn't too bad.. but when they come on the news and say that if you spend more than 15 min outside, you WILL get frost bitten.... forget that.
Seattle - counts the days of straight rain.... although, I do say that this week does nearly make up for it, 80s and SUN!!!!!!!! HURAY!!!! As the boyscout motto goes; I don't mind cold, and I don't mind wet....but I hate cold and wet.

We have 4 seasons here. Damp, Soggy, Waterlogged and Construction.

kent_1848:
I also like to hit the "Worlds Worst BBQ" although I never remember what it's actual name is.

It's Rudy's BBQ I believe and they aren't lying, that stuff is NASTY! Hubby has a friend bring back some of the sauce and the rub whenever he's in the area. To each his own I suppose, I tried it and I don't like it :blinking:
Ber :lilbunny:

Kwbyron:
I'm all about the warmth...82 should be the low... during x-mas. lol... Yeah, I do miss Austin, Amy's Ice cream....oh yeah.

I love the fajitas at La Vista, up in the Hyatt Hotel, overlooking Town Lake. Great view, great margaritas and GREAT fajitas! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom