It's so depressing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've spent 2 years up here in the greater Seattle area....grew up in Austin, Tx.. It just makes me sad when the weather reporter talks about the record hot day.. of 82 degrees.... it' just ain't right....

Well, that doesn't sound that bad to me. I would love it if the record high where I live was 82. Austin gets hot, but I love that place. I think maybe you are just missing Austin, what a great place...now I'm missing Austin...fish tacos at Hula Hut...mmmmm!

I'm all about the warmth...82 should be the low... during x-mas. lol... Yeah, I do miss Austin, Amy's Ice cream....oh yeah.

Amy's is a must stop when I'm in Austin.

I get it to munch on while I wait for my bags in the airport.. I love how they require all the shops to charge the same they charge in town.

I also like to hit the "Worlds Worst BBQ" although I never remember what it's actual name is.

I seriously need to find out how to make the Hula Huts fish tacos. I crave those things all the time, and I have to suffer with sub par here in KC.

I was just talking to someone about how unusual it is for it to be this hot this time of year!! Usually, were still in the rainy season.... Actullay, rainy is pretty much a non stop season around here... but you get the idea. I don't absolutley love the heat, so I'm ok with it not being hot all the time.. Heck, I even love the rain!! However, you can bet that I am going to be spending as much time as possible out there tomorrow.. you never know how long its going to be until we see that big bright shiny thing up there again!!!

um, 82 ain't hot...you don't even turn on the ac yet for that...you still have the heater on in the car...you're still wearing socks at 82, for gawd's sake! feel free to send us some of y'all's rain, and i'll send you some real heat later in the summer!

a few years ago, i lived in charleston, sc. we had 30+ days over 100 in a row summer of 98. it was 101 at 11:30 one night in my car, in a covered parking garage! it was over 120 every day in the kitchen my hubby worked in - i say 'over' because that's as high as the thermometer in his pocket could go.

nah. 82... sheesh...

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom