It's my "D" Day.......need suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TropicalDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
"D" for Divorce.
Amicable separation, still at some sort of friend level but don't want to be married. Just don't have common interests and goals. We dated for 5 years, engagaged for 3 and married for almost 9 years........we met young and kind of grew apart. Because of 17 years spent together, we're almost like family though.

What do you all do to get through a tough day?

Gosh. Been there. Sorry. Bright side, maybe you can stay close? Advice: always take the high road, leave the lawyers out of it, if you have kids send positive messges back and forth through them, just to make them feel better.

Just sit with it. It gets better. In about a year.

Aloha,
catherine

I'm saddened for your unhappiness . . . I've been through it, I know how it feels.

Good friends, especially those who don't fawn over your "pain", can help immensely.

It's going to hurt for a while, but the heart and mind have miraculous powers of healing.

the K

Did the same after 26 1/2 years married. I wouldnt worry about staying close or in touch. That would only be necessary if there were young kids involve. There is a certain amount of guilt involved with a divorce and in some instances a "tug" to get back together even if only for a day.

But you ...and her....have your life ahead of you and it aint all bad. Take it a day at a time. And think really hard before committing again.

Plan a dive vacation for yourself. Get away for awhile. Get wet. Go to Coz.

Dave (aka "Squirt)

My ex and I had coffee before we went to court and still keep in occasional contact. You'll end up talking every once in a while because of mutual friends or extended family issues. I only really had a "what the heck am I doing???" moment 2 or 3 times.

You'll be fine :)

Rachel

I had a couple of those moments too. But once I was honest with myself...the what the heck am i doing moment turned into what the heck am I gonna do next?

and that was a much better moment.

Divorce....like death...doesnt always mean the end....it more often in divorce means...the beginning

Time heals all wounds. Pick up that hobby that you always wanted to, but never seemed to have the time for.

Hey---I KNOW!...get a new woman! everybody told me I moved too fast, but it does help. Just don't let her park in front for a little while....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom